Satisfy the requirements of any audition with clear and specific tools that allow you the freedom to make unavoidable choices, justified by the text.
Working this way, your work becomes simple, direct, universally appealing, and with practice, highly effective.
Tim Phillips has been conducting professional ongoing on-camera classes designed to hone your acting and audition craft for 37 years. He was one of the first to recognize auditioning as an art unto itself, and through love of acting and scene study, he developed training designed to get actors jobs at every point of their capacity.
He continues to help actors, directors, writers, and future audition coaches hone the skills needed to get better, more sustainable work in the arts. Actors who are a great fit in Tim's world are those committed to professional standards of excellence and are always prepared.
Start with what you're great at. Coach and prep your current auditions, past auditions you want to revisit or refine, or material you know you have to be seen for.
If you're developing material for your reels, bring that in. Tim is dedicated to your ownership of your craft, which includes knowing who you are, how you're seen, what you're good at, and how to show up prepared and ready to play, ready to take adjustments on a dime.
Classes are on hold. For years, classes have been held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30am-2:30pm, and on Wednesdays from 7:00-10:00pm. In the room, actors expand their auditioning skills by working on-camera with before and after video playback, seeing in great results, changeability and improvement in real time.
Until further notice, Tim Phillips Studio is providing 30 minute private phone coaching sessions for all our health and wellbeing. We will post updates as we move forward.
Better auditions means more work.
YOU WORKING. THAT'S THE GOAL.
Studying with Tim
you'll learn and master
• Which audition preparation tools work best for you
• A set of simple, effective, immediately applicable acting tools that ground you in honesty
• How to nail the first ten seconds of the audition, which is where most actors lose the job
• How to work from your gut by staying out of your head
• How to quickly make adjustments and incorporate redirects in your auditions, callbacks, and on set
• How to handle complex directions in a spontaneous manner
• The most simple and human ways to glean from the text every clue the writer has embedded there
• How to really get and satisfy a variety of character breakdowns